Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Wisconsin Thanks From Top American Men's Finisher!

A Texas-size thanks to Houston for being such a great host! Staging a marathon is no small task and you guys made it appear about as easy as Ryan Hall makes clicking off 4:30 miles look. Impressive organization and top-notch hospitality. I had a great day, and I know I couldn't have done it without all the volunteers, spectators and race staff.

My biggest impression of the Houston community is that everyone there is very proud of their city. Most people are proud of their homes I guess, but the measure of a great city in my eyes is how the people there treat their guests. And I know I can speak for the rest of the US Athlete Development Program athletes when I say that we were given the royal treatment - and y'all have good reason to be proud of your community!

And, a special thanks to ... Steven Karpas who helped get the USADP approved by the Board of Directors, Race Director Brant Koch, the elite athlete team including Madeleine Bunch, David Chester, Kate Chester, Cindy Erickson, Bert Calabro, and the Stillwells - Katrina, Tom, and Tom's mom!

Thanks again and I hope to see you again next year.

Mike Reneau

No comments: